Skip to main content

Avocado Chocolate Mousse

I almost forgot...

4 fully ripe organic avocados
1 cup agave juice or organic maple syrup (or a bit of both)
1 cup organic dark cocoa powder (or carob)
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp organic pure vanilla extract

Puree ingredients in a blender or food processor and serve with fresh berries and mint leaves.

Unbelievable!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 9

I believe I'm through the worst of it. Quitting sugar, salt, grains, cereals, dairy, and beer cold turkey is tough to do, but totally doable and worth doing. On Saturday, I felt the worst I've felt in a long time, but Sunday was a good day, though. I went for a 52k bike ride in the morning, hit the Safeway, cooked dinner for 10 people, and then went and played hockey later that night. I must've been feeling better. My body is changing, too. I look and feel very lean, and the 6-pack is making a comeback. I went for a Crossfit workout this morning and I felt pretty good. Still a little sluggish, but much improved over last week. I've lost a little weight. I was about 190lbs, but have slimmed down to 182lbs in the last week and a bit. I've been doing a lot of cycling lately, so I'm sure that's a contributing factor, but the complete lack of bacon, beer, and chocolate in my diet is having the biggest impact, I'm sure. I've turned into quite the che...

Day 30 (Day 22 Redux)

I'm back on top. Last week I think I bottomed out. I felt tired, cranky, sore, and sick. I felt weak and frail. I was beginning to doubt the whole paleo diet thing. I thought I had felt the worst of it about two weeks in, but last weekend was hell. I think I was starving to death! I stuck with it, though. A challenge, after all, is a challenge. I started eating more, and more often. Lots of between meal snacks. Mini carrots are great, for example, or a few (dozen) handfuls of almonds and sunflower seeds. I am the 'Smoothy King', as well. A handful of Europe's Best frozen field berries, some fresh strawberries, a kiwi, a banana, some pineapple, and some water makes a pretty tasty pre-breakfast snack. I'm eating a lot of omelets, too, with red peppers, tomatoes, onions, and crab meat. I started eating much bigger portions at dinner, too. More meat! It's starting to consume a lot of my day, hunting and gathering for meals, but I guess people didn't have m...